Dec 21, 2015
In many ways, it was more of an organized mob. There were no
uniforms and no ranks.
- Commanders were appointed at will, generally based on accomplishment or tribal position.
- Their weapons was whatever they could find. Many of them came from defeated Persian and Roman soldiers
- Most armies have to deal with supplies...
Nov 16, 2015
Two major empires in the area at this time: Persian and
- Persian culture and power goes far back into Biblical times, even before Cyrus the Great (islamiclearningmaterials.com/gogandmagog)
- Once conquered by Alexander the Great
- Went through several dynastic changes
- Sassanid Empire was the last non-Muslim...
Sep 28, 2015
Reasons for rebellion
- False prophets
- Unwilling to pay Zakah
- Dislike of central authority
- Not fully invested in Islam
- Abu Bakr's five step plan
1. Protect Medina and hold out until Usamah returns with army
2. When Usamah returns divide the army and send them to different parts of Arabian Peninsula
Sep 21, 2015
Welcome to a new season of the Islamic History Podcast. In this season, we're going to cover the first 100 years of history after Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) death.
We will discuss the last days of the Prophet's life as well as the election of Abu Bakr to be his successor. Additionally, we will also see how the Wars of...